Has living paycheck to paycheck finally caught up with you?
If you need a little something to get you through your next payday, we suggest checking out Ace Cash Express.
Our Ace Cash Express review will give you information about:
- What type of financial and personal loan services Ace Cash Express offers and who they are best for
- How to borrow money from Ace Cash Express
- The Ace Cash Express terms and requirements
- Ace Cash Express reviews from 2020
- The pros and cons of using Ace Cash Express
- The costs associated with using Ace Cash Express
- How to contact Ace Cash Express customer service
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Ace Cash Express
What Is Ace Cash Express?
Ace Cash Express is a financial services company, founded in 1968 and headquartered in Texas.
Ace Cash Express offers the following financial services:
- Payday loans
- Check cashing
- Installment loans
- Title loans
- Check cashing
- Bill payment
- Wire transfer
- Money orders and
- Prepaid debit card services.
How Does Ace Cash Express Work?
We will start off with payday loans.
This is a short term loan that can help you cover expenses until your paycheck. So, if you need quick loans until your payday arrives, you can apply for an Ace payday loan online or in-store.
Now, let’s talk about how Ace Cash Express installment loans work.
This is a type of loan that is repaid regularly, with scheduled payments or installments. With each installment, the borrower needs to pay back part of the principal loan, as well as interest on the amount borrowed.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply for an Ace Cash Express installment loan online or in-store.
Unlike the previous two, a title loan is secured with a collateral. To apply for this type of Ace Cash Express loan, you need to put your vehicle up as collateral.
Who Is Ace Cash Express Best for?
Ace Cash Express is best for people that need a small short-term loan just to get them through their next payday.
The application process is fast and easy and there aren’t many borrower requirements.
Due to the high rates however, Ace Cash Express is not a good financial solution if you need a bigger loan.
Getting Started With Ace Cash Express
Ace Cash Express gives you the option to borrow money online from their official website or in-store.
Before you apply, make sure you meet the Ace money loans requirements. For more information, scroll down to the next part of our Ace Cash Express review article.
Here is how to apply for an Ace online loan:
Choose the financial service you need and click on Application.
You will then need to fill out a free application.
The following information is required:
- State of loan
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Social security number
- Do you rent or own?
- Are you currently filing for or considering bankruptcy?
- Active military information
Next, you will need to provide your financial information. Once your Ace Cash Express application is processed, you will be informed whether you are approved or not.
In some Ace Cash Express reviews we read online, we noticed that a few applicants mistook prequalification for loan approval. Since this raises doubt whether Ace Cash Express is clear about the difference between approval and prequalification, make sure to read all the confirmations you receive about their application carefully.
Terms & Requirements
These are the Ace payday loan requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must reside in the state you choose for your application.
- No current bankruptcies or intention to file for bankruptcy.
- You must not be an active member of the military.
- You must have a steady stream of income (employed, self-employed, retired, disability income).
- You must have a valid social security number or individual taxpayer identification number.
- You must have a bank account.
The Ace installment loan requirements are the same as their payday requirements.
And these are the title loan requirements:
- A clear title in your name.
- A valid government-issued photo ID.
- A steady source of income.
You can apply for Ace payday loans online in the following states:
You can apply for a payday loan in-store in the following states:
- South Carolina
The minimum and the maximum payday loan amount you can borrow varies by state and ranges between $100 and $1,500.
You can apply for Ace installment loans online in the following states:
- New Mexico
You can apply for an Ace installment loan in-store in the following states:
- New Mexico
The minimum and the maximum installment loan amount you can borrow varies by state and ranges between $150 and $2,000.
You can apply for an Ace Cash Express title loan in-store in Arizona, Louisiana, Oregon, Tennessee, and Texas.
Every Ace Cash Express loan comes with a 72-hour satisfaction guarantee. This means that if you change your mind, you have 72 hours to return the loan.
If the loan is approved, the funds should be available within one business day.
There is no Ace Cash Express credit score requirement listed in their eligibility criteria. They, however, note that they do not require an extensive personal credit score history.
Now, let’s check out some Ace Cash Express reviews by customers.
We will start off with Trustpilot which features a total of 10,139 Ace Cash Express reviews. The company has a 4.5-star rating.
These are the highlights of the positive Ace Cash Express loans reviews:
- The website is user-friendly
- Ace Cash Express are easy to work with
- Fast and easy process
- Great for emergency funding.
And these are some common complaints from the Ace installment loans reviews:
- Ace Cash Express denied customers for loan renewal or refinancing.
- The interest rates are too high.
- No leeway for customers unable to make payments.
In a lot of the payday loan reviews, customers expressed their satisfaction with how convenient the loans were when they were going through a tough time financially. However, the rates were pretty high and some customers were unable to make payments because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ace Cash Express is not Consumer Affairs-accredited; the company, however, has a profile there with a total of 333 Ace Cash Express reviews, and a 1.5-star rating.
The typical Ace Cash Express review on consumer Affairs states that the rates are too high and that they offer no leeway when customers aren’t able to make the high payments.
Ace Cash Express also has a profile at the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating. The average customer rating from Ace Cash Express reviews on BBB is 1 star.
We also checked out some Ace Cash Express Reddit complaints. Likewise, users cited the high fees of the Ace Check cashing and payday loans.
There were some posts about Ace Cash services scams. People that had never taken out a loan from Ace Cash Express received a call or email that they need to pay off their loan. This was mostly likely a phishing attempt.
Pros & Cons
Now, let’s check out the pros and cons of using Ace Cash Express financial services.
- Easy application process
- No collateral required
- No credit score requirement
- 72-hour guarantee
- No prepayment penalties
- Funds are deposited within one business day.
- Loan availability varies by state
- High interest rates
- Multiple Ace Cash Express complaints from customers unable to make the payment on time
- Ace Cash Express was involved in a lawsuit with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
Some features to look at.
Rates & Fees
As Ace Cash Express offers multiple financial products, they have different rates and fees in place for each of them.
To find out the costs of Ace loans online, you need to open the ‘Learn More’ section on their website and then scroll down to ‘Licenses and Rates’.
You will then need to select your state, in order to view the rates and fees.
The rates are pretty high compared to other lenders. This was also mentioned in the Ace payday loans reviews.
Privacy & Security
Ace Checking Express collects your personal information, such as:
- Social Security number and checking account information
- Transaction history and income
- Credit history and assets.
Your information is used for everyday business purposes and marketing purposes. To limit the sharing of your personal information, call the Ace Check Cashing customer service number for privacy inquiries: 800-224-4338.
Ace Cash Express customer service can be reached via the chat option on their website, phone, or email.
Depending on the financial service you need help with, choose the corresponding Ace Cash Express customer service number:
- Payday Loans: (866) 355-6815
- Installment Loans: (877) 876-2274
- Title Loans: (877) 769-2172
- Loans: (888) 753-2355
- Title Loan Collections: (800) 817-5106
- Returned Checks: (888) 753-2367
Store Loans: (877) ACE-CASH
ACE Prepaid Debit Card Customers: (866) 387-7363
You can find the full customer service contact information here.
Ace Cash Express Alternatives
How does Ace Cash Express compare to other lenders?
Ace Cash Express vs BadCreditLoans
BadCreditLoans also offers short term loans ranging from $500 to $5,000. Unlike Ace Cash Express, they have lower rates — 5.99% to 35.99%.
Another advantage is that you can improve your credit score by paying off the loan on time. Credit building loans are not offered by Ace Cash Express. In general, payday loans aren’t good for building credit.
If you are looking for personal loans for bad credit, then check out our BadCreditLoans lending platform review.
Ace Cash Express vs Even Financial
Even Financial is a lending platform that connects borrowers with the best available lenders.
The great thing about Even Financial is that they offer both personal loans for good credit and bad credit.
The catch is that the estimated annual percentage rate of the loan will depend on your credit score and other factors. So, while you can apply if you have bad credit, you will get worse rates.
The minimum amount you can borrow (starting at $1,000) is also higher than the amount you can borrow from Ace Cash Express.
For more information, we suggest checking out our Even Financial review.
Now, let’s sum up what we liked and didn’t like about Ace Cash Express.
The first category includes the easy application process. All you have to do is fill out the free online form on their website. You can get your funds in as little as one day.
We also liked that you can apply in-store. Going to the location means that you can have an employee walk you through the process and answer any questions you may have.
Another thing we liked is that you can borrow a small amount. The majority of marketplace platforms where you can get an online personal loan require you to borrow at least $1,000. With Ace Cash Express, you can get as little as a few hundred dollars.
In addition to this, we liked the fact that there is no minimum credit score requirement. So, Ace Cash Express is a good lending option if you need small unsecured loans for bad credit.
What we didn’t like are the extremely high fees. As pointed out in one Ace Cash Express review we found, the amount spent on interest was higher than the principal amount borrowed. The average APR is around 300%, which is a lot higher than the rate charged by other online lenders.
The bottom line is that these types of loans are good if you are stuck with expenses and you don’t meet the requirements for other types of short-term loans.
If you don’t think Ace Cash Express is a good match for you, check out our other reviews of the best personal loan companies.
Common Questions About Ace Cash Express
Is Ace Cash Express legit?
- Yes, Ace Cash Express is a legitimate company, founded in 1968. They have also been accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
How long does it take for Ace Cash Express to deposit?
- If approved, you can receive your Ace Cash Express personal loan within one business day.
Does Ace Cash Express check your credit?
- While there is no Ace Cash credit rating requirement, they will check your credit before reaching a lending decision.
Does Ace Cash Express cash personal checks?
- Yes, Ace Cash Express will cash payroll checks, personal checks, government checks, income tax refunds checks, etc.
How much does Ace charge to cash a check?
- Ace Cash Express will charge you a percentage of the amount for checking services. However, for more information about the rates, you would have to contact the store closest to you directly. Enter your Zip in the ‘Find My Store’ box.
Can Ace Cash Express take you to court?
- Yes, if you fail to make payments, Ace Cash Express may take you to court. There is a verified Ace Cash Express review on Consumer Affairs that confirms this.
Can Ace Cash Express garnish my wages?
- A lender can only garnish your wages if they have a court order. For more information on this, click here.