How Much Can You Make on OnlyFans?
Last Updated: August 15, 2022
How many times over the last couple of years have you stumbled upon headlines similar to the ones below?
- “Teacher switches textbooks for sex toys and is now making six figures a month from OnlyFans”
- “A girl who went from homeless to millionaire in just 12 months from OnlyFans”
- “An actress transitioned to OnlyFans because of the pay”
With stories like these becoming more frequent, one cannot help but wonder: how much can you make on OnlyFans exactly?
Stay tuned as we’ll explore answers to this and other questions, including:
- How much money does an average creator make on OnlyFans?
- Are the top earners really making millions per month on this platform?
- What percentage does OnlyFans take?
Without further ado, let’s jump right in!
What Is OnlyFans?
OnlyFans is a platform that works on the principle of paying for content via a monthly subscription. Using it, creators can directly capitalize on their own content. For many, it is a means of earning additional money, while for some, it is even a full-time job.
Now, while YouTubers, fitness trainers, and models can all be found on OnlyFans, adult content is predominant on the platform.
Since the 2020 pandemic, the platform saw a huge boom because many sex workers transitioned into a digital environment.
Since its inception, the platform has paid $3.2 billion to its creators.
How many OnlyFans accounts are there?
As of 2022, there are over 170 million registered users on OnlyFans and about 1.5 million content creator websites. Moreover, it is estimated that there are roughly 500,000 new users on this platform every day.
It’s also worth mentioning that only seven million fans a month spend money on this platform. The majority of users, however, watch content for free.
How Much Does OnlyFans Pay?
As with other platforms where earnings depend on content, followers, and audience engagement, not all OnlyFans users make the same amount.
For example, it is estimated that American model Blac Chyna made about $20 million per month from OnlyFans in 2021. Meanwhile, Bella Thorne earned $1 million in her first 24 hours on the platform.
However, since these two are celebrities, it is not surprising their earnings reached those amounts. But what do OnlyFans statistics report on the earnings of its average creators?
An average OnlyFans creator gets a gross pay of $151 per month (before OnlyFans takes its cut). However, since the average OnlyFans income of a female creator is substantially higher than that of male creators, this amount may be quite different in reality.
Moreover, not all OnlyFans users belong to the same demographic group and have the same level of commitment to the platform.
What percentage does OnlyFans take?
No matter how much they earn, OnlyFans creators get to keep 80% of their earnings. The remaining 20% is what OnlyFans takes for content locked behind a paywall and monthly subscriptions.
However, you get to set the monthly subscription fee yourself, and there’s no limitation to how many patrons you can have.
How Much Does an Average Person Make on OnlyFans?
First of all, we should mention that the earnings of top and average OnlyFans creators differ significantly.
While those more popular on the platform have a huge following, an average OnlyFans creator only has 21 subscribers. When coupled with the average admission fee of $7.20 per subscriber, this amounts to $151.2 per month gross.
And how does this compare to another career where you’d start at an entry-level position?
Let’s say you got an entry-level job at a fast-food restaurant, which, on average, pays $11-$15 per hour. If that were the case, you’d definitely make more there than on OnlyFans each month.
All in all, you can expect to make more if you become a member of the OnlyFans top percentage earners. However, since it takes time to turn a profit, establish your brand, and get loyal subscribers, you’ll need to put in some serious effort to get there.
Note: The amounts mentioned above refer to gross income with taxes not included.
How Much Can You Make as a Beginner on OnlyFans?
During the early stages, your OnlyFans earnings won’t be that impressive. While the average earnings on OnlyFans are about $151 per month, as a beginner, you can’t expect to make as much right away.
And why is that? Well, simply because beginners don’t get the average 21 subscribers overnight. In fact, some might reach that number only after a few weeks or months.
Therefore, a beginner on OnlyFans can expect to make less than the average $151 per month. Once again, we’re talking about gross monthly income, not take-home pay.
But how much can you make on OnlyFans during those first few months?
This depends on many factors (including luck). Having realistic expectations going in is key to surviving all of it in the long run.
How Does OnlyFans Pay?
Whether you’re an OnlyFans creator or a subscriber, these are the payment methods the platform accepts:
- Maestro/Debit cards
- Some prepaid Visa cards
One of OnlyFans’ downsides is that it doesn’t accept PayPal. Seeing as how this payment platform is used by 361 million people worldwide, this is a major drawback.
Tips for OnlyFans Top Earners
Anyone making between $5,000 and $100,000 is a top earner on this platform. If you’d like to become one of them, here are a few tips.
Reconsider your pricing strategy
You can start by customizing the price of your OnlyFans subscription. It can go from $4.99 to $49.99 per month, with the average being $7.20 per month. It’s best to set a reasonable price, depending on how frequently you post content and for how many subscribers.
While those people usually cannot see the content before subscribing to your profile, they can check the amount and frequency of content locked behind the paywall.
Another idea is to create subscription bundles. This is a way for you to create loyal fans and increase your income. For instance, you could offer 10% off for three months of subscription, 20% for six months, and 25% off for a 12 months subscription.
Offer a free sample
Consider making a free profile. You can always lock some posts behind the paywall — but what about having two profiles, a premium and a free one? This way, you can draw some attention to your free profile and attract more subscribers to your premium account.
Leverage other platforms
Another way to increase the number of subscribed OnlyFans users is by leveraging the rest of your social media presence. Using Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, and TikTok to promote OnlyFans content is something a lot of top-earners do.
Establish a personal connection
To get the most out of the platform, OnlyFans creators have to get to know their target audience. This usually includes posting content that appeals to them. However, since many fans enjoy direct contact with the creator, many creators give preferential treatment to their fans to get more in return.
Take a risk
Naturally, like with all endeavors, it’s all about the willingness to take a risk and go all-in. If you’re ready to dedicate time to building a following and brand and post engaging content, you could maybe even become a top creator on OnlyFans.
All in all, the disparity between the top creators and an average OnlyFans creator is significant. The average creator makes $7.20 per subscriber and has 21 subscribers in total. This comes down to $151 per month before OnlyFans takes its 20% and before you pay taxes.
The equation is simple — unless you put in some serious effort towards creating an appealing OnlyFans profile, you can expect to make less than the average of $151 per month (gross).
Still, don’t get discouraged. Even if it’s mostly celebrities who make the most money on the platform, there are non-celebrity creators who make six figures per month. Counting on this may be too optimistic, but it’s definitely not impossible.
You may be also interested in:
How Much Do Twitch Streamers Make?
How Much Does TikTok Pay Its Creators?
An average OnlyFans account makes about $150 per month. However, top earners make between $5,000 and $100,000 every month. It all comes down to how many subscribers you have, how much they tip, and how frequently you post content.
You can keep 80% of your OnlyFans earnings while the platform takes the remaining 20%. However, this 20% isn’t withheld for tax purposes. Instead, you are expected to pay self-employment tax from the 80% you made from OnlyFans.
There aren’t any caps or limitations on OnlyFans creators’ earnings. In theory, creators can make quite a bit of money if they are seriously dedicated to their profile and subscribers. However, the most an average OnlyFans creator can earn is about $151.20 per month.
August 28, 2022 at 3:03 pm
I wnt to join onlyfans please
September 8, 2022 at 7:30 am
I want to be on only fans please
September 16, 2022 at 3:58 pm
I want to join only fans please
September 29, 2022 at 12:07 pm
I see you. Dad is not happy with your choices.
September 16, 2022 at 4:02 pm
I would like to join this site but I don’t know how it works, is there a free trial period?
October 7, 2022 at 6:48 pm
I want to join this platform in order to earn online.
October 7, 2022 at 6:51 pm
I want to be on only fans please
October 7, 2022 at 6:51 pm
I want to be on only fans please
Freddie L Martinez
October 13, 2022 at 3:51 am
How bout single guys is there a market? Also are couples popular?
October 11, 2022 at 2:05 pm
Hey I would love to be one of the member
November 14, 2022 at 2:34 pm
Hi I would like to join