How Much Does Dollar Tree Pay?
Last Updated: November 2, 2022
No one does discounts better than Dollar Tree. You can find literally anything there and save a lot of money.
But have you ever wondered what’s it like to work at Dollar Tree? How much does Dollar Tree pay its employees, what benefits can they expect, and what do their earnings look like on a weekly or yearly scale?
Stay tuned, we have all the info you need.
How Much Does Dollar Tree Pay an Hour?
According to Payscale, Dollar Tree employees earn an average of $10.61 per hour. However, different positions pay differently, depending on the work demands and difficulty. On top of that, the Dollar Tree hourly pay may also vary depending on the state the store is located in.
With that in mind, the estimates offered here are as close to average as possible but are still estimates. To determine what this average hourly wage of $10.61 looks like on a larger scale, we will assume that an average employee at Dollar Tree works 40 hours a week, 52 weeks (260 days) a year. This article will rely on these parameters as well as Payscale’s average hourly pay at Dollar Tree for calculations.
How much does Dollar Tree pay part-time?
Dollar Tree pays the same hourly wage to full-time and part-time employees. However, the overall earnings of a part-time Dollar Tree employee are usually significantly lower than those of a full-time employee because they work fewer hours.
How Much Does Dollar Tree Pay Weekly?
A Dollar Tree employee makes approximately $424 per week. Still, many companies across the US pay their employees every two weeks, and Dollar Tree is no exception.
On a biweekly level, Dollar Tree employees can expect to earn about $849.
Note: This and other estimates in the article refer to average gross pay.
How Much Does Dollar Tree Pay Per Year?
As already stated, Dollar Tree wages can vary depending on what an employee does and where they work. In addition to this, estimates of a Dollar Tree employee’s annual income usually exclude vacations, holidays, days off, and sick days.
Based on the latest average pay per hour, a Dollar Tree employee can expect to make about $22,069 per year. To determine what their actual salary at Dollar Tree would look like on a yearly level with all the factors (such as tax payments) included, employees can use a reliable take-home pay calculator.
Still, for illustrative purposes, let’s assume an average Dollar Tree employee:
- Has an hourly wage of $10.61
- Uses ten holidays and 15 days off
These parameters serve to get an average salary adjusted for holidays and vacation days. Taking them into account, an average Dollar Tree employee can stand to make approximately $19,947 per year.
How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Dollar Tree?
To work at Dollar Tree, you must be at least 16 years old. Even though Dollar Tree offers equal opportunities, minors are not offered managerial positions. However, this is mostly due to the fact that minors are usually allowed only to work in entry-level positions.
Dollar Tree Employee Benefits
These are just some of the benefits Dollar Tree offers to its employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Wellness program
- Paid time off
- Stock purchase plan
However, even though these benefits are listed on the company’s official website, employee reviews are mixed. While some praise the company for its benefits, others report problems with management not adhering to the established rules and conditions regarding PTO, holidays, and hourly pay.
How Much Does Dollar Tree Pay per Position?
How much does Dollar Tree pay cashiers and other employees on average? Let’s check out what the most recent national averages reveal:
- Cashiers at Dollar Tree make about $9 per hour/16,920 per year (adjusted).
- A Dollar Tree merchandise manager makes approximately $13 an hour/$24,440 per year (adjusted).
- A Dollar Tree sales associate’s average salary stands at $16,920 per year (adjusted), or about $9 per hour.
- It is estimated that forklift operators at Dollar Tree earn $18 per hour/$33,840 per year (adjusted).
- Dollar Tree warehouse workers can make about $14 per hour/$26,320 per year (adjusted).
Of course, the average wages given above are just estimates. As we already mentioned, a Dollar Tree employee’s salary depends on their experience, position, and the location of a Dollar Tree store. In addition to this, these averages represent estimated pay before federal and local taxes.
How Much Does Dollar Tree Pay per State?
Let’s see how Dollar Tree employees earn on average based on where they work:
How much does Dollar Tree pay in Texas?
- Dollar Tree cashiers in Texas have an hourly wage of approximately $7.57.
- An operations assistant at Dollar Tree in Texas makes about $12.11 an hour.
- A Dollar Tree assistant general manager in Texas earns an average of $13.04 per hour.
How much does Dollar Tree pay in Michigan?
- Dollar Tree cashiers in Michigan make about $9.26 per hour.
- An operations manager at Dollar Tree in Michigan earns approximately $10.85 an hour.
- A Dollar Tree assistant manager in Michigan has an average hourly wage of $11.14.
How much does DollarTree pay in California?
- In California, Dollar Tree cashiers make approximately $12.84 an hour.
- A warehouse worker at Dollar Tree in California has an average hourly wage of $15.88.
- On average, Dollar Tree department managers earn about $49,507 per year.
It is pretty obvious that Dollar Tree employees in California get paid the most. However, this is probably due to the state’s (in)famous high cost of living and taxes.
So, how much does Dollar Tree pay its employees? The answer is — less than its competitors. While the average wage is higher than the federal minimum, Dollar Tree pays some of its workers barely above that amount. The truth is, you’d be better off working at Walmart, Target, or Costco.
Still, Dollar Tree offers good benefits. Working at Dollar Tree might not be such a bad idea if you’re in between jobs or want to work part-time. Whether you decide to apply for Dollar Tree job or not, make sure to do research about your local store and see what you can expect in terms of wage, benefits, and working hours.
Dollar tree pays its employees on a bi-weekly basis.
According to Payscale, an average Dollar Tree employee earns about $10.61 per hour. For a more specific answer to the question “How much does Dollar Tree pay,” it’s best to do detailed and proper research on your local Dollar Tree store.