Last Updated: September 21, 2022
Research is the most obvious route to take when seeking help to establish an LLC. Why? It will allow you to whittle down your list and remain with strong contenders based on merit.
But how do you cherry-pick one from an index of reputable and established companies? That’s where we come in.
Our Inc Authority vs. LegalZoom review does the heavy lifting to ensure you are well acquainted with two of the best LLC formation service providers in the field.
Inc Authority vs. LegalZoom Side-by-Side Comparison
There’s a lot to learn about Inc Authority and LegalZoom individually, but our reference table below gives you a peek at what to expect from the two companies in general.
|BBB rating||F||NR (No Rating)|
|Support||Phone, email, direct online message, live chat, and FAQ section||Phone, email, direct online message, and FAQ section|
|Free trial||Free basic package||7-day free trial|
|Mobile app||No apps||Android, iOS|
|Satisfaction guarantee||60-day satisfaction guarantee||60-day satisfaction guarantee|
|Membership options||$0 + state filing fees||Starts at $79|
At first glance, any entrepreneur on a budget will take a keen interest in Inc Authority.
Free select LLC formation services are hard to turn down, especially when state filing fees are already a headache. Still, pricing aside, LegalZoom is a worthy competitor.
Since we are not trying to judge the book by its cover, let’s focus our lens on each to get a wholesome comparison.
Products and Services
There are several reasons why setting up an LLC is a smart idea. The most obvious one is to protect business owners from being held responsible for the company’s debts.
However, starting an LLC is easier said than done, especially if you want to do it yourself. Luckily, companies like Inc Authority and LegalZoom are there to help.
Let’s see what kind of services these two have to offer.
Business products & services
What is the difference between Inc Authority and LegalZoom, you may ask? The answer is quite simple.
Inc Authority is a full-service business formation company. This means the company only deals in business formation, compliance and related services.
On the other hand, LegalZoom offers both business formation services and online personal legal assistance.
Let’s spot the differences between the two companies’ LLC formation services.
- Inc Authority LLC’s basic package is exceptionally affordable. It’s free, excluding state filing charges. Users can, however, choose to upgrade to packages with exclusive features.
Meanwhile, LegalZoom doesn’t offer LLC formation services for free. Its cheapest LLC plan costs $79 plus filing fees.
- Inc Authority’s RA— registered agent services — are free for the first year, regardless of the plan. The service costs $99 annually after that.
LegalZoom registered agent fee is $299 per year. Also, LegalZoom registered agent refunds are available upon phone call requests and are typically processed within 60 days.
- IncAuthority offers free state and federal tax consultation.
On LegalZoom, tax consultation is an additional service that is charged separately.
- Business credit and funding analysis is part of Inc Authority’s free entry package.
Meanwhile, a consultation on credit scoring and funding analysis starts at $39.08 per month on LegalZoom.
Apart from LLC formation, Inc Authority and LegalZoom provide other services.
LegalZoom offers online legal assistance to individuals on personal matters. It assists individuals in estate planning and legal cases on family and real estate.
Inc Authority predominantly offers a lending hand on business matters.
When talking about additional business formation services, Inc Authority has the edge over LegalZoom. It provides a few unique offerings that the latter doesn’t, including business funding and website and marketing packages.
Both Inc Authority and LegalZoom offer legal services at a reasonable flat fee.
However, Inc Authority mainly focuses on LLC formation and compliance, while LegalZoom provides a wide range of business and personal legal services.
LegalZoom does offer a broader range of legal services. However, if you only need legal assistance during the business formation stage and to stay compliant thereafter, Inc Authority is better and more affordable.
LegalZoom has the upper hand in database depth. More than 150 legal forms covering various spheres are available in its archive.
Inc Authority’s document count is narrower and limited to its specializations.
LegalZoom vs. Inc Authority: Pricing
When setting up a business, people usually try to make the most out of a limited amount of resources.
What features do Inc Authority and LegalZoom offer within their packages, and how much do they charge for these? This is what we found out.
Inc Authority pricing
Inc Authority has some of the best-crafted packages in the industry. Although the pricing of premium features isn’t disclosed on the Inc Authority website, you can contact the company for quotes. Based on our inquiry, here’s what we found:
1. The Basic Bundle (free + state filing fees) – its features include:
- The preparation and filing of business documents.
- Business name availability check
- Free registered agent for the first year
- Tax planning consultation
- Business funding analysis
- Business checking account facilitated by a partnership with Bank of America
- S Election form
- Digital storage and delivery
- Round-the-clock customer service
Note that some essential LLC formation services, such as EIN filing and operating agreement drafting, aren’t included in this package. However, you can pay for them separately.
2. The Starter Business Bundle ($399 + state filing fees) – this plan includes all Basic Bundle features plus:
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Operating agreement
- Unlimited online and phone support on legal issues for one year
- Record book & company seal
- Ownership certificates
- Initial meeting minutes & resolutions.
3. The Executive Business Bundle ($499 + state filing fees) – it includes all the Starter Bundle features plus:
- Website domain
- Business license report
4. The Tycoon Business Bundle ($799 + state filing fees) – It is more suited to businesses with the money to spend on an elite business formation plan.
Its features include:
- D&B Credit Bureau Registration
- Multi-tiered credit building system
- Business credit Launchpad
- Business credit coach
- Credit score building & analysis
Unlike Inc Authority, LegalZoom doesn’t have a free LLC formation package. Here is a breakdown of plan features and prices those using LegalZoom for LLC formation can expect
1. LegalZoom’s Economy package ($79+ state filing fees) – the estimated filing period for this plan is 20 business days. Its features include:
- Business name availability search and business entity filing
- Document proofreading & cleaning before submission
- Digital tracking of your LegalZoom account
- Round-the-clock customer support
- Business newsletter
2. LegalZoom’s Standard Package ($329+ state filing fees) – it is couched as an upgrade from the Economy Package, but subscribers only get two extra features. These include:
- A personalized business embosser and membership certificates
- A deluxe founder’s kit
With this plan, you can rest easy knowing the estimated completion time is ten business days.
3. LegalZoom’s Express Gold Package ($349+ state filing fees) – includes all features from the Standard Package plus:
- Expedited processing, which generally takes 24 hours
- Express shipping
This premium package guarantees a faster completion period estimated between 2-5 business days.
When it comes to other business and legal services LegalZoom provides, the list is extensive.
For example, you can sign up for LegalZoom’s Compliance Package ($69/year) and get:
- A compliance calendar loaded with important compliance information and deadlines on filing requirements.
- An online corporate center account
- 18-month calendar flexibility
Besides its packages, you can also purchase many services and documents as standalone items, such as the LegalZoom business plan.
Also, LegalZoom offers a 15% military discount to active service persons, veterans or their dependents.
How can Inc Authority and LegalZoom customers contact the support team for any complaints and inquiries? Here’s what we found:
The company has several customer support channels:
- Phone support between 6:00 am and 5:00 pm Pacific Time (PT) on business days.
- Direct online message
- Live chat with an agent on live chat
The Inc Authority website also has a helpful FAQ section.
That said, there is room for improvement based on Inc Authority BBB reviews.
Here’s how LegalZoom customers can contact the support team:
- Via phone on business days between 5 am and 7 pm PT
- Via phone on weekends between 7 am and 4 pm PT
- Direct online message
Should you require answers to more common questions, LegalZoom’s FAQ section can also be of assistance.
How do Inc Authority and LegalZoom customers feel about the services these two companies provide? Let’s find out.
Not much separates Inc Authority and LegalZoom on Trustpilot. The feedback on both is mainly positive, with occasional complaints of a bad experience.
There aren’t that many Inc Authority LLC reviews on Better Business Bureau (BBB). Still, what we understood from only three reviews available, some customers took issue with Inc Authority’s customer service, pricing policy, and customer support structures.
All the LegalZoom customer service reviews we combed through on BBB were positive.
Inc Authority vs. LegalZoom: Which One is Better For You?
Having familiarized yourself with the A-Z of each service, how do you know which one will work best for you. Here are several essential factors to consider.
- Package features
- Customer service
- Innovation rates
- Your general preferences
Both Inc Authority and LegalZoom meet our non-negotiable criteria — they are licensed, reputable, and run professionally. Our LegalZoom vs Inc Authority review concludes each of them has its strengths, and the ultimate choice will depend on your preferences and how much you’re willing to pay for LLC formation services.
Inc Authority is better for
- Customers on a budget seeking to make the most out of a free plan
- LLC incorporation
- Access to finance
- Exclusive business features
LegalZoom is better for
- Expedited business formation at an extra fee
- Service variety
- Subscription flexibility
- Customer service
No, it isn’t.
Actually, most LegalZoom complaints pertain to pricing — the most affordable package is priced at $79 plus state filing fees. However, LegalZoom offers a 7-day free trial.
Canceling a LegalZoom order is very easy to complete. All you have to do is call a number provided on the company’s website. Alternatively, you can send an email to an address stipulated on the same channel.
Inc Authority is an online legal service that specializes in helping new businesses set up and remain compliant. Beyond that, the company offers various related services, such as credit scoring, business financing, branding, and marketing.
Yes, Inc Authority is solid, licensed, and has a strong reputation. It has been in the LLC formation business for 33 years. Our Inc Authority vs. LegalZoom review concludes that the company can be trusted.